My name is Zvi a.k.a. Hershel Bessin and I have enjoyed guiding for the past 21 years. I have worked with all sizes and varieties of groups and people, including Jews, Christians, Muslims, Hindus, multigenerational and multiethnic family groups, youth groups, business executives, synagogue groups and many more. I relish the personal interaction with all my tourists. Many tour guides have specialties. I have a few particular areas of interest, which I often highlight on tours. I especially like using The Bible and Rabbinic Literature in any tour around Israel. These and other sources help paint a vivid portrait of this ancient land.
- I hail from Ottawa, Canada and currently live in Efrat, Israel.
- I grew up in a Zionist home and attended high school for two years in Israel.
- I studied for a year and a half at Yeshivat Har Etzion in Gush Etzion.
- For my formal education I have a B.A. in Political Science, an M.A in Judaic Studies, both from Yeshiva University, and I received smicha from RIETS.
- In 1984, I made aliyah with my wife, Rachel (formerly Bock of New York) and two babies. We had three more children in Israel.
- I taught in elementary, high school and post high school programs in the U.S. and here in Israel.
- I fulfilled a dream and took the Ministry of Tourism’s guide course and graduated in 1994.
- I am very fortunate to have a job I love: Walking and talking about Israel from early morning till late at night with people who are here for their first time and sometimes with people who are here for their tenth time. Israel comes alive as we are out and about.